TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A little background........
People Seeking Info

Subject A little background........

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on January 22, 2011 at 12:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 1257 times.

In Reply To so.... posted by Halo TTZ on January 21, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Message When Ash first made the intercoolers, the pipes were not available and TDM made them for awhile.....
TDM offered cut and weld pipes that did not look that great, but they did fit and worked well.
Ash was working on producing the pipes, but had problems with having someone else make them for him. I knew Ash was working on them and he was the original person that tested the benefits of the larger pipes and was going through a lot to bring them to market for all of us.
Since I knew Ash was going to be making them, I felt it was respectful to not
try and produce them myself and stayed away from making them and choose to look at other area's to improve the Z.
CZP them made the pipes and copied the Ash design intercooler and I really did not want to sell the CZP because of things CZP had done to me in business and was doing to others.
When CZP released the pipes and intercoolers, TDM stopped making the pipes
because it was to much work for him to build them for the profit he could make.
Ash still was plugging away and actually built his own mandrel bender to make the pipes himself.
The CZP pipes use 45 degree couplers on almost all the connections, the fit is reasonable and I used them when they were the only pipes available simply because larger pipes and ASH Massives work and it was all I could get.
Ash finally got rolling on the pipes and the first sample set we received did have some issues....We spoke with Ash about the issues and he was extremely willing to go the extra mile and sent more sample changes quickly.
The changes were awesome and fitment is now better than could be expected for such a tight area. The only issue was the turbo outlet pipe that I had been working on making for some time. I told Ash I was working on it, but if he had a solution I would use his.
Since I had a good way to get them made for a reasonable cost Ash said to go with it and he is now buying the outlets from me and I am buying the rest from him....(This is how business used to work and is so much better to work together rather than ripping each other off)
At any rate the Ash pipe fitment is awesome and Ash or I will be selling the kits with expansion outlets out of the turbo.
The Ash pipes only use one 45 degree coupler on each side and the rest are straights making the kit better than the CZP IMO.
I am doing my best to stock the intercoolers and pipe kits as well as the Z1 TB's.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.